* 1 1/2 c. diced celery
* 1 1/4 c. chopped onion
* 3/4 c. chopped bell pepper
* 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
* 1 (28 oz.) can whole tomatoes
* 1 clove garlic*
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. pepper
* 6 drops Tabasco (opt.)
* 1 lb. shrimp, de-veined & shelled
* 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder may be substituted.
Combine all ingredients except shrimp. Cook 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low. Add shrimp last hour of cooking. Serve over hot rice. Chicken, rabbit or crawfish may be substituted for shrimp.
Stove top version, if you don't have a crockpot. Saute celery, onion and bell peppers in oil or butter until tender. (Better if left a bit crunchy.) Add remaining ingredients except meat being used. Simmer at least 30 minutes to an hour. Add shrimp or whatever meat you wish and simmer 30 minutes more. Even better reheated the next day.
Fannie Farmer Salmon Cutlets
2 years ago